Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Love

Hope is one of the three things remaining at the end (I Corinthians 13).
Without faith, we are very unlikely to gain salvation, without Hope, how can we ever act on faith? Surely, these are vital, but as the Apostle notes of much- when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. Hope is only needed until it is realized. We hope for salvation, because we are not pure yet. We hope for purgatory, for sinlessness, because we are not yet sinless. When we are perfected, we will have all that we need. We will no longer need hope. When We know God, as He is, we will no longer have to believe in the unseen, because we will see it face to face. Of the three remainders, one remains.

Of Faith, we know- it is great, and vital, yet
is not as great as love. No act we can do is worth anything without Love. God is Love. Love is wonderfully described in I Corinthians 13, by God's apostle.

"2 And though I have the power of prophecy, to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge, and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains-if I am without love, I am nothing."
"10 but once perfection comes, all imperfect things will be done away with. "
"12 Now we see only reflections in a mirror, mere riddles, but then we shall be seeing face to face. Now I can know only imperfectly; but then I shall know just as fully as I am myself known."
"13 As it is, these remain: faith, hope and love, the three of them; and the greatest of them is love."
I Corinthians 13 New Jerusalem bible


http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=46&bible_chapter=13
24 October 2007

See Also

Necessity of Baptism
Catholic Equation
God of love, God of Purgatory
God of Love

No comments: